Heavy people get ignored when it comes to shopping for mattresses. But that shouldn’t stop you from finding the best topper for you that makes sure you get the most comfortable sleep! One thing that separates those heavily “burdened” from those who aren’t is the cushioning. It is not suitable for professionals or veteran-heavy people or less heavy individuals; however, their cushioning is excellent if you have an average weight.
The topper should feel soft, fluffy, and warm. Fluffy can offer more support than doughy since it provides more grip on your body than it wraps around it.
While it’s not something new, the heavy body is becoming more common. And that can be seen in the rise in popularity of the topper as a result.
Items like the reversible topper or the memory foam topper pop up in response. They’re able to relieve pressure on your body and make your mattress feel more comfortable. We’ll go over which topper is best for you heavy people.
What is a Mattress Topper?
A mattress topper is a layer you place on your mattress. It’s usually a thin layer of fabric on your mattress. The idea is to give you a little extra comfort. Some people use it to cover cracks in their beds. Others want to make their mattress feel a little softer.
There are different types of mattress toppers. Some cover just the top of the bed.
Some cover the entire bed to reduce the pressure on your back by giving you a little more support. Even those have been tested to reduce pressure on your joints. A mattress topper is a great way to get more comfort from your mattress. It’s an excellent option for those who have problems sleeping. It’s also great for when you want to make your bed feel a little bit softer.
Types of Mattress Toppers
There are many different types of mattress toppers. We’ll go over them below and what makes them unique.
- A Waterproof Mattress Topper
If you’re the type of person that loves to sleep in the cold, a waterproof mattress topper is for you. It’s a topper that’s waterproof. You can place it on your bed and not worry about any leaks or spills. It’s waterproof and will protect your mattress from any liquids that could damage it.
- A Breathable Mattress Topper
A breathable mattress topper allows moisture to pass through it. You’ll get a little more comfort and support while the topper helps to keep you more relaxed at night.
- A Fitted Mattress Topper
A fitted mattress topper is designed to fit your bed. It’s typically a fitted sheet that has been designed for your bed. If you have a queen-size bed, for example, a fitted topper won’t fit.
- A Reversible Mattress Topper
A reversible mattress topper is made up of two layers. You’ll be able to turn it over and use it as a mattress when you need to. They’re typically made up of two layers of fabric. It’s great for those who want to sleep on the top or bottom of their bed. It’s also great if you want to change things up a bit.
Ways A Mattress Topper Improves Sleep
There are different ways a mattress topper can improve your sleep. There are many different benefits that you’ll enjoy by using one with your bed.
- A Mattress Topper Can Get Cold When Damp
If you have a wet mattress, it can get cold. The idea is that it could cause problems over time if you’ve been sleeping on it for a while. You should always check the condition of your mattress before going to sleep in the winter months so that you know if there’s any damage and if it needs to be replaced. If it does need to be replaced, a mattress topper is an excellent option because they help prevent leaks.
- Help Fight Germs
You shouldn’t sleep directly on the surface of your bed, especially if you have a nasty skin infection or bug bite. If your bed has gotten dirty or covered in bacteria, it could be killing off your health and giving you an infection. A mattress topper can help protect against this by protecting the surface underneath you from getting dirty or damp.
- Helps Prevent Allergies
Many people suffer from allergies, but if you’re having trouble sleeping because of it, a mattress topper can help. The idea is that a mattress topper gives your body something to lay on to get some comfort from the sleep you’re getting. You should also make sure that it’s hypoallergenic and free of dust mites or mold spores because they can have an allergic reaction on your skin. Your allergens could be increasing if you’re getting wet in bed every night. A mattress topper will help prevent this and keep your bed dry at night so that you don’t get an itch in the morning.
- Prevent Rips
If your sheets are irritating your skin, a mattress topper could help keep you from getting a rash from it. You should always make sure to change your sheets every few days so that you don’t get any rashes. A mattress topper can help prevent this and keep changing them going easier for you.
- Help With Back Pain
Sometimes mattresses are made with pressure points that could get stuck in your back if you sleep on them every night. A mattress topper will give you something soft, which will be more comfortable. It also lets air in through the sides, reducing the amount of pressure on your spine. If you have severe back pain, it could seriously be keeping you up at night if this is the case for your bedding system.
- Eliminate Dust Mites
Dust mites are prevalent in many people’s homes, and they can cause severe allergies or skin problems over time when they’re not correctly cared for.
They live off of dead skin cells and human dandruff, among other things, which can cause an allergic reaction in many people. Luckily, a mattress topper can prevent this because it kills off.
How Does a Mattress Topper Work?
A mattress topper is a layer of fabric. It’s placed on top of your mattress and acts as a layer of comfort. The topper will help relieve pressure on your body and make your mattress feel slightly softer. It also has the benefit of warming up as you sleep. That helps keep your body a little bit warmer since you’re sleeping on a bed warmed up.
The mattress topper acts as a mattress of sorts. It gives you support, helps to relieve pressure, and makes you feel a little more comfortable. There are different types of mattress toppers. You can find ones designed to reduce pressure on your back and joints or make your bed slightly softer. The mattress topper is a great way to get more comfort from your mattress.
The Best Mattress Topper for a Heavy Person
Anyone who has ever been a heavy person knows how difficult it can be. You wake up feeling heavy and tired, and you don’t know why. It’s frustrating, and it can make you feel bad about yourself. It’s essential to feel good and confident in yourself.
If you’re a heavy person, you probably don’t feel that way. If you’re looking for a way to make your bed feel a little bit better and help relieve some of the pressure on your body, a mattress topper is a great option. Some of the best mattress toppers for heavy people include:
This mattress topper is the best topper that you can find for heavy people. It’s built with 4 inches of mattress thickness and about 6 inches of memory foam for extra softness. It’s also created with dual layers, so it helps to relieve pressure on your body in different ways. Tropical Pineapple blisters make it feel a little bit cooler as you sleep, and bamboo charcoal particles help to keep you cool during the night.
The silk top features a patented flow channel system that channels excess moisture away from your body while you sleep, so you don’t wake up feeling damp or sweaty in the morning.
- It’s made with 4 inches of mattress
- It helps to relieve pressure on your body
- Built with dual layers
- It helps to keep you cool during the night
- 100% natural
- It’s hypoallergenic
- It has a 5-year warranty
- This beauty is only created with 4 inches of slats so that it won’t feel quite as soft as many other items on this list.
This memory foam mattress topper is created with 1 to 1.5 inches of great quality latex. It has two separate layers put on top of each other so that your sleeping surface isn’t rough. The pillow top isn’t made with an artificial woven fabric, either. You get 100% premium wool material that feels good and smells fantastic when you use it. Your body will love the perforation areas that are built into the pillow as well.
The latex is put in the topper through a patented manufacturing process, making it naturally hypoallergenic. These pillows feel great on the surface and are fantastic to use during the day and night.
And the pillow tops themselves are machine washable and dryable when you decide to clean them out. Plus, it’s flexible enough to roll over in your sleep without your mattress or pressure waking up or hurting you.
- Made with 1 to 1.5 inches of pure latex
- As you sleep, the pillow tops contour to your body perfectly so they won’t feel rough or rugged against you at all.
- It has incredible flow channels that ensure your sleeping surface stays dry.
- It’s machine washable and dryable, so it’s easy to take care of when it gets dirty or sweaty.
- It feels soft even with just a tiny amount of memory foam built into it
- Have two layers built into it, so one side isn’t strictly for support purposes only, as most other top frosts are made for only comfort needs
- It helps to relieve pressure on your body
- Has a 5-year warranty for extra protection
- It was rather expensive. However, some people argue that it’s well worth the money if it works better than standard memory foam and latex bed pads.
This mattress topper is made with a 5/8 of an inch layer of memory foam. This means that you get the comfort you would find in a three or 4-inch memory foam mattress. With the topper on your bed or couch, you’ll feel like you’re sleeping on a brand-new bed. The pillow top is made with a blend of 70% microfiber and 30% cotton material that’s only 4 inches wide. As it’s entirely machine washable and dryable, it’s pretty easy to clean.
This ViscoSoft topper comes in a bunch of different colors. They include white, blue, black, and purple. You can easily pick one out that doesn’t clash with your décor or that goes well with your furniture or carpeting color scheme.
- It has excellent support built into it.
- It doesn’t have any pronounced seams, so it doesn’t look like a mattress pad, making it great for anyone who wants to have something that doesn’t look like they have something on their bed.
- Ensures you don’t tire out too quickly while sleeping so that you can get more restful sleep without feeling tired or sore come the next day
- You can quickly flip over onto your back in your sleep without feeling uncomfortable or waking up at night.
- It’s hypoallergenic, so there aren’t any irritating chemicals affecting your sleep.
- It was costly. It is rather pricey, but it’s also hard to find as it appears only through specific online sites.
This excellent topper is made with gel swirl technology. It’s thoroughly designed to make sure that you get maximum comfort while you’re asleep. It also reduces the condensation accumulation on the top. The gel isn’t too thick to limit pressure, but it is thick enough that it isn’t likely to break down or sag over time. It also has the ideal density to get the support needed to make your night rest comfortable.
It’s free of dust mites and dust, which means you’ll be sleeping better while you’re using it. It doesn’t have any off-gassing or chemical smell, so it’s entirely safe for people sensitive to certain smells when sleeping.
- It comes in a bunch of different colors, and it’s easy to find one that goes well with your décor or paints
- It has premium breathable materials that maintain its natural properties and protect from the reduction of temperature, which could reduce your sleeping performance
- It helps to give your mattress or couch some added support without adding pounds or pounds of stiffness. Which then makes it very comfortable as well
- Made from premium quality materials by using high-end gel foam technology with minute polymer particles to keep its natural support properties while helping to aid sleep quality
This quality topper can be the perfect addition to your bedding or spares for those who need it. It features a sculpted form with memory foam. The gel has a plus side as it helps alleviate nerve pain during sleep and comes with a fiber-filled density that adds extra support.
The unique composition of this topper allows it to mold to your body more comfortably, which improves the feeling of support around your muscles and adds cushioning and comfort to existing mattresses while minimizing fluctuation in temperature changes.
It’s pretty easy to wash luxurious ultra-plush memory foam that is antimicrobial-free, hypoallergenic, and dust mite-resistant material so you can use indoor environments confidently.
- Sleeping on it in a top pillow mattress increases its life span because it has more resilience. This helps improve its quality and extends your overall quality of yours.
- Highly breathable material improves airflow by 80%, which will help you to sleep better; It is non-toxic and chemical-free.
- In addition, made with carbon foamed materials that add support without distracting specific natural properties during sleep
- You can move without worry as science came up with high-density foam made to fit any bed size perfectly.
- You can use it as a replacement or additional body support to get the perfect harmony when you’ve problems sleeping. It’s very moisturizing, has minimal weight, and is not too thick or too thin. A superior fabric-covered movement layer can reduce any motion transfer.
- Not compatible for recumbent style beds as stated in its anatomy, which makes this, not a plus there, so every time you transfer from one position to another, including when lying down, make sure that you turn over your mattress completely
Final Words: Should You Buy a Mattress Topper?
A mattress topper can be a great way to get extra comfort from your mattress. You can find ones that are designed to reduce pressure on your back. You can find ones that make your bed a little softer. And some even come with a night warmer. If you’re looking for a way to relieve some of the pressure on your body, a mattress topper is a great option. You can find ones that work great or that are affordable.